From Fortnite to Candy Crush, video games and mobile games are relying more and more on in-game, in-app purchases, and loot boxes to make money. This means gaming companies are finding new ways to keep players playing and spending.
Some digital games development uses old-school gambling mechanisms to keep people hooked, while others in the gaming industry are using data to learn more and in-depth behaviors about the people playing — ultimately customizing video games to individual players.
In collaboration with Retro Report, learn more here: qz.com/is/what-happens-next-2
Watch on Facebook:
Quartz is a digitally native news outlet dedicated to telling stories at the intersection of the important and the interesting. Visit us at to read more.
SUBSCRIBE to Quartz:
Retro Report is an award-winning, digital-first documentary news organization dedicated to bringing context to today’s headlines by telling the story behind the news; it is non-partisan, independent and non-profit.
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- 5 Best Portable Monitor in 2020 (Touchscreen, Gaming, Office, Type-c, Full HD, 4k)
- TOP 5 Gaming Backpacks That You Need If You're A Gamer!
- Top Hikes in Tokyo: not-so "AMAZING" Drinking Game.. Secret Waterfalls in Tokyo
- Quest 4 Player 2 – Garden State – Being Seen
- Seventeen Plays I Dare You | Teen Vogue